Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday 1/23

The doctors are weaning me off some of my medications - they have removed the lasiks drip (IV) but I will still get that twice a day orally (a much lower dose). They have also cut my pain medication in half. They have removed my catheter so mommy is back on diaper duty!

Yesterday when they attempted to close my hole the conduit they installed got restricted. This is because there is still too much extra fluid in there. Looks like they will let me wait one more day before they try and close me up - the doctors will even work on the weekend to make sure it happens as soon as I'm ready.

I have to get rid of a little more fluid before they try again. I'll try real hard - so mommy better get ready to change some diapers :o)

6 comments:

  1. We are still praying for little Max and are happy that he is so strong. We know that Max will come out of this because God has blessed him with both of you. We are sure that Max will become a future "leader" as he has family who love him dearly. God Bless his recovery and the Medical Staff taking care of him. They have done so well with Max so far....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max is such a stong and inspirational little guy-not to mention absolutely adorable! My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can't wait until we can see all three of you! Our thoughts and prayers are with you all!
    Love you and yours,
    Mike, Millie, Jeffrey and Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Max, Mom, & Dad! I have a feeling that today is your lucky day. Hopefully the doctors can get you closed up and started on your road to recovery. We are all looking forward to you going home and showing Mom & Dad just how strong willed you really can be.

    Lots of Love Audrey, Joe, Aaron, & Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello John, Michele and Maximus!
    We are hoping today you can be closed up and start recovering very quickly. We can't wait to see all of you together! Sending our love, prayers and thoughts...
    Love you and yours,
    Mike, Millie, Jeffrey and Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, Michele, and baby Max:

    Our thoughts and prayers are with you everyday. We know God is watching over you. Hope today is the day they are able to close little Max's chest, so he can continue to recover and come home so we can visit.

    Love,
    Dave, MaDonna, Zachary, & Allison

    ReplyDelete